Substance Use Disorder
Goodhue County is no longer able to perform Rule 25 Assessments.
The Rule 25 process ended on 6/30/22 and the new process for accessing Substance Use Disorder services is called Direct Access and the funding is through the Behavioral Health Fund. Direct Access allows an individual to go directly to the provider of their choice to receive a Comprehensive Assessment and access care immediately.
A Comprehensive Assessment determines the type of substance use disorder (SUD) and the level of care individuals need to sufficiently address and treat their Substance Use Disorder.
In order to qualify for funding thru the Behavioral Health Fund for Direct Access you need to be financially eligible, and either have no health insurance or health insurance that does not fully cover Substance Use Disorder services. To see if you qualify please call 651-385-3200 and ask to speak to someone about Direct Access.
If you have private insurance, please contact them to see who is in network with your plan.
If you have Medical Assistance (MA) or insurance thru a prepaid health plan (ex. South Country Health Alliance), you qualify for your services to be completely covered. Please contact the provider of your choice and make sure they are in network with your plan for your Comprehensive Assessment.
You can search Substance Use Disorder providers on the Fast Tracker website: Home | Fast Tracker (fasttrackermn.org)
Substance Use Disorder Providers located in Goodhue County
- Burton, Zashata (MS, MA, LADC) – Assessor and Individual Counseling – Red Wing – 651-380-0043
- Common Ground – Outpatient Services and Assessments– Red Wing – 651-347-6500 - https://commongroundmn.org/
- Midwest Recovery – Outpatient Services and Assessments – Red Wing – 651-846-9010 - https://www.midwestrecovery.org/
- Valley View Recovery Center – High Intensity Men’s inpatient treatment – Cannon Falls – 507-601-5006 - Valley View Recovery Center
These centers all take various types of insurance, please either contact the provider of your choice to see if they accept your insurance or contact your insurance to see who they will cover.
Other Helpful Links
- Recovery Help Options: https://findrecovery.com/
- Get help for alcohol and drug use problems / Minnesota Department of Human Services (mn.gov)
If you are a provider, please have your client fill out the Behavioral Health Fund Application DHS 2780A form, and fax it to 651-267-4877, Attn: Direct Access. Please also include a signed ROI from your facility.