Finance & Taxpayer Services

The Finance & Taxpayer Services Office strives to provide quality taxation, assessment, election administration and financial reporting services for the residents of Goodhue County.

In an effort to contain the COVID-19, Goodhue County offices have been closed to the public at this time and will remain closed until after May 15th.  However, customers with questions regarding finance, taxation, property assessments, and elections can contact staff at 651-385-3040. 

Property Taxes 

Although the County’s offices will remain closed until after May 15th, customers can still make their property tax payments through the following methods:

  • Online via credit card or an e-check (fees apply). Pay Online
  • Via mail at 509 W 5th Street, Red Wing, MN 55066
  • Government Center drop box in the alley by the south entrance.  
  • Set up ACH (must be set up 3 weeks prior to due date). ACH Form

County Board of Appeal and Equalization 

At this time, the County Board of Appeal & Equalization meeting on June 23rd (by appointment only) will be conducted through GoToMeeting. Due to concerns surrounding the spread of COVID-19, it has been determined that in-person meetings or meetings conducted under Minn. Stat. 13D.02 a are not practical or prudent. Therefore, meetings that are governed by the Open Meeting Law will temporarily be conducted by telephone or other electronic means pursuant to Minn. Stat. 13D.021.

County Board of Appeal and Equalization

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 - 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM 

Phone: 1-866-899-4679 / Access code: 179-036-405

Or online:

!!!! ATTENTION !!!

Notice of Reassessments

The Goodhue County Assessor’s Office will be performing reassessments of properties. This is for the 2021 assessment for property taxes payable in 2022 in the following areas:

  • City of Red Wing
  • Welch Township
  • Belle Creek Township
  • Vasa Township
  • Featherstone Township

At this point, due to COVID restrictions, Goodhue County appraisal staff will not be conducting any face to face contact for our state required quintile viewing. The appraisal staff will be out updating photos in the City of Red Wing, Welch Township, Featherstone Township, Vasa Township and Belle Creek Township areas for our quintile areas for the 2021 assessment.

If you would like to update your parcel information, please contact us at 651-385-3040, or complete a Property Questionnaire form by clicking here.

Valuation Notices  

Please contact the Assessors Office at 651-385-3040, prompt #1.

Property owners are encouraged to contact the Assessor’s Office (651-385-3040) with any questions and concerns about their assessment. At this time we will be taking phone calls to address concerns prior to the Local Boards of Appeals and Equalization meetings. 

For directions on how to appeal an assessment, please click here.

2020 Census 

To fill out your 2020 Census survey online, please go to .

As events and deadlines change by the State, we will keep you informed and update our page.

The Office is located at the Goodhue County Government Center, 509 West 5th Street, Red Wing, Minnesota 55066.