Funding options

housing support

Foster care costs can be covered in the following ways:

  • Housing Support (formerly known as Group Residential Housing)-eligible foster care individuals may receive funding towards housing costs. 
  • Private pay - foster care individuals may negotiate a fee with the provider using their pension, Social Security and/or other financial resources.
  • Waivered Services-eligible foster care individuals may receive funding towards additional services.  Eligible Providers must obtain a 245D license to access waivered funds.

Provider Enrollment Application

All providers delivering services to enrollees of MN Health Care Programs (MHCP) must complete an Enrollment Application form and a Provider Agreement form. A provider number must be assigned in order for the provider to be able to submit a claim for payment for Adult Foster Care services provided to clients on waivers.


Access the billing system for providers enrolled with the MN Health Care Programs.